The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted the way we work and forced leaders to adapt to new ways of managing their teams. In this podcast, we explore five valuable lessons that leaders can learn from the pandemic to improve their leadership skills. Each lesson provides actionable insights that will help you to build a stronger, more engaged team and foster a culture of innovation within your organization. Join us as we explore how the pandemic has exposed poor leadership, the importance of human connection, the need for innovation, and the dangers of complacency during times of economic prosperity. Listen in to learn how you can lead through lockdown and emerge as a stronger, more effective leader.
- Take stock of your leadership skills and be willing to adapt to new realities to avoid being exposed as a poor leader.
- Find a balance between virtual communication and in-person interactions to foster a sense of community and human connection.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and teamwork to improve productivity and employee retention rates.
- Embrace innovation to stay ahead of the competition and take advantage of the opportunities that arise from constraint.
- Be proactive in identifying and addressing weaknesses in your organization, even during times of economic prosperity, to avoid being caught off-guard during downturns.
01:25 - Leadership is about influence
02:25 - Who was I during this time?
04:30- Lesson 1 - Evaluate YOUR Leadership skills & Adaptability
05:20 - Lesson 2 - Virtual Connection IS possible but not replacement for in person interaction
09:00 - More people working in an environment multiplies motivation
11:00 - Lesson Three - Encourage Collaboration, Teamwork & Social Support
11:45 - Lesson Four - Innovation Comes from Constraint
16:00 - Accelerated Innovations from the Pandemic
20:00 - Lesson Five - A Good Economy Can Hide Weaknesses in Strategy, Efficiency & Character
23:22 - Be Proactive in Identifying & Addressing YOUR weaknesses
24:45 - Are you the leader you need to be? WERE you the leader they needed?
25:40 - Follow, Share & Review the show!
26:00 - Coaching at MeetRene.com